MUSIC at Unity Santa Fe High Desert Sounds of Spirit
Sing along with the Joyful Sound Singers
Timing synchronization problems with Zoom prevent enjoying the congregational singing of a live service. So we'd like to invite you to take part in this alternative project which will allow you to add your voice to custom recordings of your favorite Unity songs and hymns which will be played for the Zoom services. If you know how to record a video selfie on your smart phone, you know most of what you need to do in 5 easy steps:
Below is a song list, each number of which has two links-- one, a mini audio player which plays back an audio file of an accompaniment for that song, the other, a pdf file with the lyrics. To get started, navigate to this page on the computer (desktop or laptop) where you do your browsing and email. Scroll down to the song list:
1. Select the song(s) you'd like to sing, then click first on the pdf to view the lyrics. (Print out or read from your device).
2. Next, plug in headphones or earbuds into the playback device so that the sound of the accompaniment track doesn't play through the speakers (all that gets recorded is your voice).
3. Next, take your smart phone, open the camera app, select video.
4. When you're ready to sing, start recording the video on your phone, then click the play button for the accompaniment track. After the intro, sing along! It may take a few attempts to get it right (remember, it doesn't have to sound like Pavorotti, when it's combined with all the other voices it will sound great!)
5. When you've done your personal best, share the recorded file as you may have already had the experience of doing with family and friends. Ideally, select email as the share option and send it to me:
If your file is too big to email, contact me (at the same email) and I'll get back to you to discuss alternative ways to send it.
When I get the file, I'll import it into the app I'm using to create the recorded production. If you send a video, I can extract the audio I need to use for this program. There's no time limit-- even after the production is complete, I can always add in new vocal tracks as contributors send in files, and update the production mix. Some of the numbers will be additionally produced as videos, so if you wish to be included in that (in addition to the audio recording), let me know.
Here are the songs, some haven't been produced yet-- there's just the piano accompaniment to sing with, others have vocals to sing along with:
Check back for more songs. Any requests? Let me know.